90 total views, 2 views today
The economic advisor & Spokesperson at the Office of the Vice President of the Republic of Ghana Doctor Gideon Boako has explained about the recent rumour going on in the media about the late Wa Imam that the family rejected a donation the vice President made to the family. In a Facebook post made on 12th September,2020 this is what he wrote.
Vice President Bawumia greeted family of late Wa Imam in good faith
The facts are that:
- Neither the Presidency nor the Vice President was formally informed of the death of the Imam as has been the practice over the years.
- Final funeral dates are usually stated when such formal announcements are made to the Presidency to facilitate attendance.
- It follows that since the Presidency nor the Vice President was NOT informed of the death, the Vice President could not have been aware of the funeral date let alone attend same.
- As a Muslim, the Vice President upon learning of the death and subsequent funeral performance, notwithstanding the family’s inability to inform him, did what Muslims are required by Islam to do for their fellow human beings in times of grief, by sending his donation and representatives to the family of the late Imam.
- Yes, a donation was made by the Vice President in good faith, and the said donation was heartily accepted by the Head of the family. We are however, surprised to learn that a few days after the visit by representatives of the Vice President, the donation, which was initially accepted, has been returned to those who sent it.
- It is unfortunate that such gesture by the Vice President, anchored on pure Islamic values and teachings, found its way into the media.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA